Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sinful Colors - Cloud 9

In support of my beloved Fighting Illini, I'm always on the hunt for a perfect orange.  My first foray into orange was OPI's Flit-a-Bit mini, which was horrible, to say the least.  The formula was gloppy and streaky and that mini brush was about the most difficult thing I've ever worked with.  I took pics, but umm... it looks good in them.  It looked terrible IRL... and I don't want to false advertise, so I won't post them.

After the Flit-a-Bit fiasco, I decided I was a) never going to buy mini bottles again, and b) I needed to find the perfect orange.  I have picked up quite a few since then, which you will be seeing, as it's basketball season and I have season tickets!  :)

We'll start with Sinful Colors Cloud 9.  I had looked at it all summer long, but kept thinking Flit-a-Bit would work fine when basketball season started up, so I never bought it.  The day after I used Flit-a-Bit, I bought Cloud 9.  It looks like shimmery orange juice in the bottle - it's so pretty and almost mesmerizing!


Like many Sinful Colors, it's pretty sheer.  Even with 4 coats, which is what you see here, there was a bit of VNL, but not as visible as the photo makes it.  The formula was perfect consistency and the dry time was just fine.  The brush is nothing special, but it gets the job done - no wonkiness!


The wear was pretty good - I think I got 3 days out of this one.  My only complaint is that it isn't *quite* Illini orange, which is no fault of the polish.  It's just a bit too light and yellow-based - Illini orange is a little darker and more red-toned.  However, I really liked this one and I think I'll wear it more often in the summer.

If you're looking for an orange juice orange, give this one a try - at $2, it's hard to be disappointed!

Sinful Colors retail for $1.99 at Walgreens, among other retailers.

Number of coats: 4
Basecoat: Gelous
Topcoat: Out the Door

No comments:

Post a Comment