Thursday, September 30, 2010

Confetti - My Favorite Martian, Masquerade Ball, and Smitten!

I'm going to go ahead and lump a bunch of Confetti's I picked up recently altogether - hope you don't mind!  I had bought two Confetti's before I read on the Nail Board that they will soon be discontinued, so I picked up these three at a fellow member's urging.  We'll start off with My Favorite Martian:


As you can see, this is a sparkly lime green - I like it a lot... but it's not *quite* love.  Might have needed more time on the nails to grow on me!  I believe this is 3 coats in the photo.


  Here's a close up for ya:

 

You can see all the little glass flecks in this one - for once, my macro setting did what I wanted it to do!  If you're into greens, I definitely recommend this one.  If you aren't... well, you might want to pick it up anyway, since soon it will be gone forever!

Next up is Masquerade Ball, a beautiful lit-from-within blackened red.


Beautiful... but not so unique.  Apparently I am VERY drawn to this shade...


Here I have it compared with Sally Hansen Lacquer in Glossy and Sinful Colors Rich in Heart.  Masquerade Ball is ever-so-slightly less blackened than the other two, but the difference is only visible in direct sunlight - inside, I couldn't tell any differences between them.  This was 2 coats of each.  Had a little boo-boo on my thumb there... oopsie!

The real treasure of my Confetti collection is Smitten - its a blurple, but more blue than purple and has these amazing pink and blue flecks - check it out!!


You can even see the flecks in a not-so-close up pic!  Here's where it really shines though:



I couldn't stop staring at this one... it is really unique, at least to my collection.  I believe this was 2 coats as well.

One thing you need to watch out for with Confetti's is their brush - I have 5 total and 2 have wonky brushes!  They have a curve to them... if I didn't have mine all in a box in the spare bedroom, I'd take a pic so you could see.  Trust me though, when you are picking out your Confetti's, CHECK THE BRUSHES!!!  You'll know what I mean when you see one - they are totally curved like a C and are practically unusable.  When I bought these 3, I had to go through 4 My Favorite Martians until I found one that wasn't screwed up.  If worst comes to worst, you can decant into an empty bottle, but if you check beforehand, this shouldn't be a problem.

Formula-wise, this was pretty good - My Favorite Martian seemed a little sheer, but the other two were perfection in two coats.  The non-wonky brushes seem to be ok - nothing spectacular - but there are so many messed up ones, it really brings down my score on these.

Confetti's are still currently available at CVS and retail for a mere $1.99 - snap them up while you can!!

Number of coats: 2 to 3, depending on color
Basecoat: Instant Artificials
Topcoat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry

No comments:

Post a Comment