Sunday, September 12, 2010

OPI - Dating a Royal

For some strange reason, this has been in my untrieds for far too long.  I pulled out a blue sweater to wear to work, thought about matching nail polish and instantly thought of Dating a Royal.  I can't believe I waited so long - I love it!!


Like so many colors, it photographs a little differently than it really looks.  It seems a really intense almost neon blue in every picture I took, but it is slightly dustier than it looks.  Still a nice bright blueberry candy blue, but just not quite *this* blue!


Application was good - it started off a tady streaky, but by the time I was done, it had completely self-leveled and looked great.  It's somewhere between a cream and a jelly.  I have seen a lot of people say this is a straight-up jelly, but it doesn't seem quite as squishy to me.  *shrug*  Beautiful color, easy to apply - love it!  Typical OPI Pro-Wide brush, which I like... but I've realized on my pinkies it's almost too big.  It seems like I get a lot on my cuticles and I can't seem to get it off... which you can clearly see in the pics, and this is day two!  Sorry about that tipwear too...I did it Friday night, worked Saturday and took pics on Sunday... so I had plenty of time to mess them up!

I also got those nasty little bubbles I mentioned in my previous post with OPI Pamplona Purple... I have been using my topcoat combo for awhile without troubles, but I guess it must react with the OPIs?  I'm going to switch it up for my next mani and see what happens...

Dating a Royal retails for $8.50 and is still widely available.

Number of coats: 3
Basecoat: Instant Artificials
Topcoat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry + Seche Vite

1 comment: